The Baby Tree is a new super cute book that plays off of a child’s confusion of exactly where babies come from. While I do think there’s a time when this answer should be explained in detail, for now, I’m happy to share this playful book with my girls.
The Baby Tree Book Giveaway
Answering this question has never been this easy or entertaining! In the book, a curious little boy asks everyone from his babysitter to the mailman where babies come from… getting all sorts of funny answers along the way before his parents gently set him straight.
The Baby Tree is a new book from Sophie Blackall. She is the illustrator of several award-winning books, including Ruby’s Wish by Shirin Yim Bridges, Meet Wild Boars by Meg Rosoff, Pecan Pie Baby by Jacqueline Woodson, and the Ivy and Bean books by Annie Barrows.
I’m excited to be able to give a copy of the book away along with a soft kids blanket!
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment below with the funniest story you were told about where babies come from
- Tweet about the giveaway using the hashtag #thebabytree and tag (The Mamma Mia Blog) @amandamkeefer
- Follow Penguin Kids on Twitter or Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you did so
This giveaway is open to US residents. I’ll notify a winner on June 20 at 3 pm.
Sample and prizing courtesy of Penguin Books USA
Be sure to follow our family adventures live on Instagram and Twitter!
Bugs In My Hair By David Shannon
Through the years, we’ve had our share of “lice” scares. The email goes out from the preschool/elementary school saying that a student has lice… The chaos of checking through hair and worrying about every speck or flake ensues. I’ve found myself explaining exactly what lice is, in the kindest most non grossed out way possible, time and time again. No matter how many times I explain, it leaves us all itching, even when there is nothing to itch.
This book, Bugs In My Hair by David Shannon, makes light of lice and will truly make dealing with the issue easier for any family. It talks about getting rid of lice, but in a humorous way that kids and adults alike will appreciate. I recommend every family has this book on hand for those incidents that WILL come up over the years!
I have 3 hardback copies of Bugs In My Hair to giveaway! These are perfect for any classroom or family library. This hardback book retails at $17.99.
How To Enter:
- Leave a comment below letting me know your favorite book to read with your family.
For Extra Entries:
- Tweet about the giveaway and leave a comment letting me know you did.
- Share with your friends on Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you did.
- Follow me on Twitter! @amandamkeefer
I’ll contact winners on Thursday, October 3. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.