Life Lessons & Magnetic Marbles

My baby, Charli, puts everything in her mouth. My big girl, Mia, has never been one to put things in her mouth. This is why I was extremely surprised when I had the call last Tuesday that Mia had swallowed a magnetic marble at school. So here we are, week number three of Kindergarten and ingesting magnetic marbles. I raced to the school clinic to discover a crying Mia insisting that she had been wiping her mouth and had inhaled the marble accidentally. Part of me wants to believe this tale as I’ve never seen the child put a single thing in her mouth. The other part of me wonders the odds of inhaling a marble.

A quick phone call to our pediatrician to find out next steps, and I was on my way to Arnold Palmer ER. Apparently if more than one magnetic object is swallowed there is a chance they can connect and cause some havoc on the intestines. Mia couldn’t confirm it was only one marble.

After about an hour in the waiting room and another hour watching Disney Channel from the comfort of our ER bed, we had the following news…

Looks Like One Marble To Me!

Whew! They found only one marble in there and we were good to go. Never could I have ever imagined my life would consist of six straight hours focused on a magnetic marble. So happy they let me steal a pic of this.

Mia is doing well. We kept an “eye out” for the return of the marble, but haven’t seen it. lol Stay tuned.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Reddit Stumbleupon Tumblr

Posted on by Amanda in Parenting 2 Comments

2 Responses to Life Lessons & Magnetic Marbles

  1. BusyWorkingMama

    Oh my gosh!! I bet that was a harrowing experience. Thankfully it was only one marble!

  2. Amanda

    I need to write an update on this… The marble made a second appearance if you know what I mean. haha

Add a Comment

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Google PlusVisit Us On PinterestVisit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On LinkedinCheck Our Feed