After months of living just an hour from the new LEGOLAND Florida, we finally had a free day to venture over to the new park. Apparently, I’ve been depriving my children of some serious fun! LEGOLAND was built on the former site of Cypress Gardens (Florida’s first “theme park”). The park does a great job of combining old and new preserving some of the old Florida style of Cypress Gardens.
And now, the top 10 reasons to love this place!
1) Tons of shady spaces to relax and let toddlers run around.
2) Fun rides (I mean really fun) and attractions perfect for kids 2-12.
3) Big, clean bathrooms with lots of changing stations.
4) You won’t break the bank feeding the family at LEGOLAND.
5) While considered a Florida theme park, it still feels small – in a good way.
6) We were there on a holiday (President’s Day) with a lot of other people off of school and work. It never felt crowded.
7) Not once did I look at my watch and wonder… How can I bribe them to leave. No lie. I had a ton of fun.
8) Lots of toddler/preschooler play areas near “big kid” rides for parents waiting with little ones.
9) There aren’t souvenir stands around every corner, but cools shops if you want to pick up a LEGO memory.
10) You don’t have to be a LEGO lover to love LEGOLAND. I can vouch for that!
Attention to detail is the theme at LEGOLAND. It shines through in all attractions, rides, exhibits and even the staff . This is definitely a great day trip from Orlando and a must visit attraction for visitors to the Sunshine State.
For ticket prices and park hours visit the LEGOLAND Florida website. Kids under three are free!
I received complimentary tickets from LEGOLAND for our visit. However, as you all know, all thoughts and opinions are my own.